The Official 2-Day “Training from the BACK of the Room” (TBR) Practitioner Class course is a globally-acclaimed, interactive, skills-building train-the-trainer class for anyone who is a trainer, teacher, instructor, coach, or facilitator of learning.
In this 2-day TBR Practitioner Class, you’ll explore how the human brain really learns, which is very different from traditional assumptions about learning. And you’ll be introduced to “cognitive neuroscience” concepts – the brain science behind all effective instructional design and human learning.
During the class, you’ll explore six powerful learning principles based on the best of brain science. You’ll be able to apply these principles every time you train, teach, instruct, or coach others. You’ll also experience and collect dozens of interactive instructional strategies that you can use with any topic and any group of learners. You’ll use the 4Cs Map – a powerful 4-step instructional design and delivery model – to create a training plan specific to a topic you already teach.
1. All the brain-based, interactive strategies that you’ll experience during the class are content-independent, meaning that you can use them with any subject or topic, even the most dry or technical ones.
2. All the learning activities that you’ll collect during the class are from 1- to 5-minutes in length, which means that they’re really easy to insert into any class or training program. You’ll create your own trainer’s tool bag full of these short, quick learning strategies.
3. You’ll experience everything you’ll be learning about, including six major brain-science principles that make learner-centered, brain-based instruction so successful and exciting.
4. You’ll design one of your own classes or training programs, using your own topic, your trainer’s toolbag strategies, and the instructional design model called “The 4Cs Map.” And you’ll receive peer feedback during the class to help you polish what you’ve designed.
5. You’ll leave with an awesome collection of resources: 2 books and 1 workbook; a trainer’s tool bag full of activities you can use immediately; 6 brain-science principles, the 4Cs Map; innovative and interactive ways to use PowerPoint; fun learning aids; and dozens of other digital resources to enhance your own teaching and training skills.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive the Training from the Back of the Practitioner Certificate.The certification will not expire and is a valuable industry known certificate in training, learning and development capability.
As this course is delivered by Scrum Alliance approved Guides, then this course is also worth 16 Section C - SEU's towards Scrum Alliance renewal requirements.
In addition, you’ll receive a 55-page resource workbook that is only available with this program, as well as copies of Sharon Bowman’s best-selling books: ”Training from the BACK of the Room!” and “Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick.”
The training is based on our current understanding of cognitive science and how we can make learning stick!
It will be very interactive and by the end of it, attendees will be able to:
Apply six learning principles based on current brain research every time you train, regardless of the complexity of the topic, size of the group, or level of learners.
Demonstrate a variety of brain science elements important to human learning, using your own training topics.
Increase learners’ attention, retention and engagement with learning activities that engage the whole brain.
Use the “4Cs Map” as a training design and delivery model for any brain-based instruction.
Choose from dozens of brain-based learning activities for all topics and all instructional formats: classroom, e-learning, one-on-one, small or large group training.
Access a collection of new brain science resources to enhance your training skills, whether you teach in real or virtual classrooms.
Create training classes and programs that combine your own topic and materials with the brain-based concepts and strategies from the program.
Explain to colleagues your understanding of the physiology of the human brain as it applies to learning, training and memory.
Become a member of an ongoing “mastermind” group of trainers who have as their community commonality brain science, the 4Cs map and a passion for learning excellence.
Any type of Teachers/Trainers, Speakers/Presenters, Coaches or anyone who needs to engage an audience!
No formal prerequisites. Just an awareness that the course will provide an intense learning experience for you and then hopefully your students :)
No pre-course preparation is required.
There is no exam as the course is assessed by the instructor(s) during the course who will then provide the digital Certification afterwards.
The ICAgile Certified Professional - Coaching Agile Transitions course provides a deep dive into the world of enterprise agile coachingMore Information
The ICP-ACC course provides a deep dive into the world of Agile Coaching. The course focuses on equipping you with new tools, techniques and skills to be the best you can be. You can now pay in GBP, EUR & USD by selecting this in the top right of the siteMore Information
Being a ScrumMaster or Kanban Coach means that you need to know how to facilitate these sessions and get the best from your people.More Information
The Certified Clean Agile Systems Coaching course provides a deep dive into clean language and systemic modelling in an Agile context.More Information
This course will give you a complete framework and an abundant toolbox for encouraging teams to move from contempt towards curiosity and collaboration. And we use the process to teach the process so you will be experiencing multi-level and collaborative learning at its best.More Information